Ten Ways to Get Your Diet Back on Track
Information you will need later… remember the best exercise today that you can do is the two-handed push away from the table. This has been reposted from doesthisblogmakeuslookfat.com with some of my own additions because in typical Miller Mutz style I have an opinion on everything.
- Start now by recommitting today
- Drink Water like it’s your job!
- Plan each meal (yes every meal – I plan my meals out for the week on Sunday. By doing this I’m able to prevent those what are we having for dinner moments where I cave and just order a pizza. Planning your meals not only keeps your diet on track, it keeps your budget on track.)
- Eat don’t make up for overeating by NOT eating
- Revisit your food journal and repeat a good week. (There are some great online food tracking sites that are free! My favorite is MyFitnessPal.com – I can build in recipes of meals I like to make so I don’t have to guess. It not only tracks my Calories but also my Fat intake, Sodium, Carbs, Fat, Protein, Sugar, & Calcium.)
- Remind yourself how far you’ve come
- Move get your sweat on (have a desk job then do like I do – once an hour get up a walk around the office or walk a flight of stairs and then return to your desk…it adds up.)
- Don’t let a bad week turn into a bad month (so you splurged for the holidays….shake it off and start again today!!)
- Vegetables are your friends (unlike what my husband believes vegetables are not filler food and should make up for half of the food on your plate. Also consider taking a serving of Greens every day and get the equivalent of 8 servings of fruit and veggies in a powered form. Greens helps you get your daily intake of fruits and veggies plus helps build your immune system while promoting a PH balance within the body.
- Repeat this tomorrow.
Also try cutting soda/pop out of your diet this week & see what a difference it will make….I haven’t had a soda in over 6 months!! Just cutting out soda you will drastically cut your sugar intake and help your grocery budget not to mention cut a lot of nasty chemicals your body doesn’t need anyway.
Instead of soda drink water (like it’s your job). Don’t like plan water add fruit to your water. It’s a great way to flavor your water naturally and no don’t use those flavor packs with zero calories your just dumping more chemicals into your body. Why drink water?
- Water contains Zero calories
- Water boosts your metabolism
- Water lowers your appetite
- Water decreases water retention
- Water helps to minimize cravings
- Water keeps your energy high
The best thing you can do for your body is get started. Don’t wait until after the New Year or after your vacation or after anything…do it today.